Old 01-12-2017, 12:08 AM

Default Seems to be a problem with looping

Never mind. My problem with a closed loop of puzzles seems to have gone away.

Last edited by maggie123; 01-12-2017 at 12:17 AM.
Old 01-12-2017, 06:13 AM
Administrator

Glad it seemed to work itself out! That should never happen though, so I've made a slight code tweak to prevent edge cases like this from (hopefully) ever happening again. Thanks!
Old 01-17-2017, 01:21 AM

Smile Administrator

Thanks for taking care of that code! (Could you please just clone yourself and provide tech support for all the frozen websites and glitchy software out there?! We need you.)
Old 02-01-2017, 06:52 AM
Premium Member

Default 100.14%!!!

I have heard of athletes giving 110% but I didn't know you could get more than 100% in acrostics. But Svenska did for January. Just sayin'
Old 02-03-2017, 08:20 PM

Now I'll be accused of cheating again.

*sad face*

I don't get that either, Hootmon; I can only think it was a result of my getting kicked off a puzzle mid-game, and logging back in to re-play.
Old 02-04-2017, 02:34 AM
Premium Member

I don't think you were cheating, just a glitch in the system. But the results for last month still have you in first.
Old 02-26-2017, 12:22 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie123 View Post
Never mind. My problem with a closed loop of puzzles seems to have gone away.
How is it possible for someone to perfectly complete 900 plus puzzles in under two minutes each.i can't even type that fast.there is something rotten in Denmark.
Old 03-11-2017, 03:06 PM

Default super genius types and typists

The fastest solves on a 12 clue puzzle are generally about 7 seconds per clue. I seriously doubt anyone, mystic, savant, mutant or otherwise, can read a clue, think of an answer and type it in in less than an average of 13 or 14 seconds. There is obviously a way to freeze puzzles, solve them, then quickly type in the answer. The time to type in a previously solved puzzle would likely be about the 1 second per letter that the fastest solvers accomplish
Old 05-08-2017, 05:34 AM

moreover, I've just completed several longer puzzles and did them in times less than the average (by a significant amount) but only received between 100 and 200 points. As difficult as it must be to assign a measure to each puzzle that properly rewards quick solves, it is apparent that the present system unduly rewards short puzzle solvers. The clues are consistent enough that if a method of scoring was used that gave x points for each letter and a 3 point bonus for each second less than, say, three seconds for each letter overall, I think it would become a far fairer scoring system.